Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Taking it all in


This morning as Aleia helped me make the French toast, set the table and afterward asked if she could be excused, then proceeded to clean up herself, I couldn't help but feel like I needed to hold her and hang onto all the little things she does so that I don't forget them all. She still has such a little girl in her yet she is trying her independence out each day and it frightens me that it's just all going so fast, one day I'll look back and wonder where did it all go.

Yesterday she overheard her daddy and I talking about her going to school and she of course like she always does piped in on the conversation and said "I don't want to go to High School"....so her daddy said "well how about we compromise and you'll just go to Kindergarten first....she said yeah! that sounds better:-) hahaha we couldn't help but chuckle.

Different things I never want to forget.
1. How she calls yogurt - Daygurt
2. How she calls Oatmeal-Fruitmeal
3. How each morning she calls for me and says "Sweaty, I have to go Pee-Pee"
4. How she loves how I do her hair
5. How she calls me her best friend and her daddy her Prince Charming
6.How she puts her hand over her mouth to laugh like a little lady
7.How tiny and petite her little hands are
8. How she isn't embarrassed to kiss me or her Daddy
9.How she thinks her baby sister is the best
10.How she loves to pray and have the Bible read to her at Night Night time.

For I know there will be a time I wish the conversation consist of Daygurt, Fruitmeal and what woovie- movie she wants to watch in the morning, I know in a few years things will all change, although I hope and pray she'll always think of her Daddy as her Prince, her sister as the best and me as the most greatest Mommy ever.

Hanging onto the memories.....Just grasping it all and taking it all in, trying not to rush these years, or not appreciate these small moments for it's just a season and passes so quickly.

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

What a great post! Thanks for the reminder:O)